5/2/09

The day I have been dreading

Scott leaves for LA in the morning. Not sure why I am being so emotional about this. We have talked about this time and situation for months. We always knew there was a good chance we would need to spend the summer apart, but it so much harder with that time being twelve hours from now. I am

sad...
scared...
lonely...
anxious...
emotional...
overwhelmed...

but most importantly I am hopeful. I am hopeful this opportunity for Scott will be life changing and give him the edge he needs to secure a good job next year. I have faith this is where our family needs to be because even though my emotions are changing from minute to minute, I still feel peace. I have peace in knowing Scott will be doing something that he will enjoy and be good at. I have peace that the kids and I are in good hands with so many family and friends around. I have peace.

We have spent the last few days just being together doing fun things for the kids and ourselves. We have been to the park many times, ate at most of our favorites places in Vegas, wrestled, cuddled as a family in bed, played baseball, went swimming, watched movies and hung out with family and friends.

As for now...I am jumping in bed, watching a chick flick and drifting off to sleep while snuggled up next to my hubby. I have to make these moments last for two weeks until we hopefully get to see Scott again.

Night.

8 comments:

Audrey Taylor said...

Don't be afraid to do it without Scott this summer. This will truly make you a stronger person. The Lord has big plans for your family and this is a period of preparation and growth. This is a time when the women around you in your life will help you and become closer to you. Life without daddy is hard because you get tired. If I could give two recomendations, they are 1. Establish a daily routine and 2. Have someone watch the children once a week so you can get out and do something to relax and refresh.
I'll remember you in my prayers okay Tara :)

Tara said...

I am so sad for you. But you will be able to make it through. And you will be stronger for it. I'm glad you will have your family around to help you. Good luck to Scott. Let's hang out soon.

Pike's Place said...

so sad! But i came up with a great plan that is sure to make your life better and happier. What? Why? How? you may be asking yourself, Lindsey how is there any solution? Well Tara, since you will be saving money cuz you arent going to Cali I figured it would cost about 500-600 dollars to fly you and the kids out here for as long as you desire.
Case in point:
1. I am here, and I look like Scott
2. Hawaii is one of the happiest places on earth (minus Disneyland)
3. Tons to do everyday with the kids!
4. Its not too hot and not cold just perfect weather
5. If i havent convinced you yet that this is a good plan then I will pay half of your ticket!
6. Pike is here
7. Lots of kids Caden and Abbies ages...and they live within seconds.
8. My bedroom window looks out to swings and a playground...lots and lots of grass, Oh and a bigger play ground on the other side of the building
9. Taco bell, subway, and McDonalds in Walking distance
10. I am here

Pike's Place said...

OH and the Beach! Miles and Miles of beach

Stacey said...

that is hard... I was gone for the weekend and even then I missed Ryan :-(

Marina said...

It's great that you can feel peace amongst a trying time. God truly blesses us when we are putting forth our effort to do what's right. Know that you have many people to help you through your circumstances. You will be watched over and learn much from this experience.

Tiffany said...

Tara...... I'M COMING!!!!!!!! I will be there tomorrow!!!! This is going to be so hard but so fun at the same time!!! I know, weird, but YOU really are going to do so AWESOME!!! Can't wait to see ya!!!!!! xoxoxoxo

Lila said...

I'm thinking about you. Hang in there...