2/8/10

Disneyland

My entire family went to Disneyland last weekend and we had a blast. The weather was a nice change from the snow we have been experiencing in Utah and I even got to wear capris and flip flops, YEAH! My dad booked rooms at the Grand Californian which I fell in love with. Comfortable, clean rooms and right outside the door was Downtown Disney and the parks. Very convenient with the kids. The kids did great on the flight down there, but Abbie was a mess on the way home. It was a really quick trip but definitely worth it.

Lots of fun memories, but one in particular I have to share.

Ashlee is suppose to take things easy right now so she doesn't go into preterm labor. So she borrowed Georgia's scooter to help her get around the park. As we were making our way down Main Street at Disneyland one of those old fashioned cars honked at us to clear the path so they could drive by. Cort and I darted across the street with Ashlee right behind us. The second Ashlee's scooter crossed over the "tracks" it shut off. She thought Brinlee might have pushed buttons (because she was riding in the front) but she hadn't. Something glitched and it just powered off. So Ashlee is stuck on the track and can't go anywhere. The OLD lady driving the car was not paying attention and must have just assumed we had cleared out of her way. She looked up just in time to SLAM on her breaks and literally came 1/2 inch from hitting Ashlee and Brinlee. When the lady hit the breaks an older man who was standing up in the car doorway fell backwards and out onto the street. The OLD lady grabbed him by his coat and lifted him back into the car (super human strength in emergencies I guess). I think she was embarassed she hadn't been paying attention and blamed him falling out on the "slick" seats. Ashlee finally got her scooter up and running and promptly moved out of the way, never getting an apology from the driver. Meanwhile, Cort and I found a nearby bench to throw ourselves on because we were laughing so hard. My stomach hurt for awhile after and I came REALLY close to wetting my pants. I wish I would have gotten a picture!

Thanks Dad and Mom for a memorable trip!

All tuckered out...
Jamba Juice every morning with a cup of their oatmeal which was addicting...
Why can't my kids just look at the camera?
Daddy's Girl...
Peter Pan...
Grandpa has the touch...

Bugs Life...

Quick family shot and Caden wet and cold from Splash Mountain...



The whole gang...


7 comments:

Liz Maxfield said...

Fun!!! I can't wait to go this weekend. I wish we could have gone at the same time!

Lisa Mc said...

I love disneyland! I also LOVE the Grand California

Lemon Family said...

Looks like lots of fun.

-KJ said...

It makes me laugh how serious your dad is in EVERY shot! I love DL!

Tara said...

I love Disneyland!!! That hotel is amazing too.

Mary Stuart said...

What a fun trip. Sorry Ashlee, that is a funny story! I saw your parents and your brother at Cafe Rio 2 weeks ago. They sat right by me, but I did not say hi because they don't know me. Funny.

Theresa Rodriguez said...

oh my gosh. seriously your dad and the glasses was killing me. i was cracking up. at that and at the story. poor ash. glad you guys had a fun time!