There's not much to do here and I am just fine with that. Last night we rented Redbox movies, picked up a pizza and enjoyed a quiet night in. Midway finally got their own grocery store around Christmas and they have "Sonic" ice in the deli. Happy Day. Scott and I make frequent visits for ice and diet cokes. Is it strange that a diet Coke and good ice can make me so happy? It does.
Thursday night I planned a Girls Night In and we had someone come and do Glitter Toes on us. I'm a first timer and I love them. Normally, if I am good enough to paint my toes in the first place, small traces of that paint can still be found a few months later. I neglect my feet, mostly because I have UGLY feet and I don't care about them too much. If these Glitter Toes last the full 6-8 weeks that they are suppose to, I just may start wearing my shiny, gold, open toe shoes to church a little more! It was fun having the girls over and some of us even lasted until midnight. It cracks me up what kind of conversations come up when a bunch of girls are together. Boobs, birthing and baby topics are always present.
Abbie is a hand full these days. I mentioned earlier she is climbing out of her crib now and naptime and bedtime have become very traumatic. The first night we were home I counted and we had to put her back into bed over twenty times. Finally, Scott locked her door and when she realized she was trapped inside she had a complete meltdown. She laid on the floor, knocking on the door and through her sobs she would call out my name. Broke my heart. Eventually, she fell asleep on the floor and we moved her into bed. To prep her for bed, I've started rocking her and singing to her. I rarely did this with my babies, I didn't want them getting use to it and needing it every night to go to sleep. Abbie is so bossy and tells me what songs to sing and when it gets to Old McDonald, she even dictates which animals I will do. Wonder where she gets her bossiness from? I have to admit, I am still enjoying those special moments with her. She whispered she loved me last night and it made this last week of tears and fits worth it. We are going on day four and things are a bit better, but not much. Hopefully this week we get our sweet Abbie back...all day!
2 comments:
I keep hearing about these glitter toes! I may just have to try it out!
Your little one is a doll!! Even if she is bossy :)
ummmmm, excuse me....... WHERE ARE THE TOES LADY!!!!! PICS PLEASE!! xoxoxo
Post a Comment