There's way too much history behind the story of where we're at today so the short of it is, a year ago we came across a company Scott felt would be our next step and the right career opportunity for him. For one reason or another, the opportunity came and went, not just once but MANY times. With each disappointment, we wondered why we felt so good about something that wasn't turning into a reality for us. I'm not proud to admit that I wasn't always faithful or hopeful and really struggled with not knowing His plan for our family. I don't do well without a plan and I know, at least for me, faith was something my Heavenly Father was trying to teach me (among many other things). I cried a lot during this last year. There were a few times I felt like I was falling apart from all the stress and I wanted to give up and go the corporate route. I wanted to feel settled and not just picking up small companies along the way that were fun and would help pass the time until we found "the one" that felt right.
Luckily, my husband is a very patient man, with me...himself...and the Lord. He knew the course he wanted to take but he also knew it would happen when the Lord felt we were ready. He is so wise and I am so lucky I have him.
I'm not sure we've learned all the things He wanted us to. I know I still have many weaknesses to work on but I also know, if we are humble, the Lord will continue to mold and shape us through our challenges and rough patches. In no way is this post the "life couldn't be better" spiel. I've learned better. Our life is good, very good for many reasons. But it's also good because of those rough patches and the growth that comes from them. I guess you could say we're learning to celebrate all of it...the successes and the challenges because if we're doing all that He asks of us, in the end it's all for our benefit.
I never EVER thought I would say this, but Scott is officially a candy man. If you're in the market for a RIDICULOUSLY, CREAMY, OLD FASHIONED CARAMEL, look us up!
No comments:
Post a Comment