I really love a new year. It must be the OCD side of me that likes to keep things nice, tidy and fresh. I get excited for another opportunity to organize my life. I also enjoy reflecting on the previous year and celebrating my successes as well taking inventory on where I still need to get better. I like holding myself accountable and writing my goals down really helps me to do this.
Here were my goals for 2011 and how I did with them...
- Be better at holding Family Home Evening, including short lessons not just treats. Although we didn't do this every Monday, we did make a good effort to teach the kids about the scriptures using the Gospel Art Kit. We could do much better, but I'm happy with the progress we are making.
- Be more forgiving and less judgmental. This one's always going to be a struggle for me, but there were many times I took a step back from a situation and made a conscious effort to change the way I was thinking about someone. I remind myself I too have MANY faults that I wouldn't want others to judge me by. That helps put things into perspective but I could be less quick to jump my judgmental notions. I think I'll keep this one on my list for 2012.
- Learn Illustrator Making lots of progress on this one. I've taken two courses already and am enrolled in a third one next month. I've taken on many projects that I would have been terrified to do before and have learned a lot along the way. I'm doing more business projects these days but I still love anything to do with design.
- Finish 2009 & 2010 blog books. Yikes, I am so behind. I failed in 2011. However, I did complete by books for 2009, 2010 and 2011 the first week of 2012. Yeah, I'm so excited to have these done.
- Get dressed more often and work out clothing does not count. I know I am going to struggle with this one. I'm definitely better than before, but there is something so cozy about my workout clothes and a hoodie. At least I'm working out, right?
- More reading to my children. With Caden in first grade I was somewhat forced into this one. We read lots of books every week and when Caden is done reading, Abbie swoops in right behind him making sure she gets her fair share of reading time too. I think we're good here.
- Learn to say "No" when my plate is full or I just don't want to do something. Yes, I've done better but this one is going to be a life-long goal for me.
GOALS FOR 2012
- Organize and clean out filing cabinet - Ugh, I am dreading this. It's full of "stuff" that I know I don't need and it's going to take awhile.
- Drink ast least 60 oz. of water every day - For Christmas I bought all of us nice, insulated water bottles ( I can't believe how expensive they can be) that we are taking with us wherever we go. We've been doing really well so far, but Scott and I each put on a few pounds at first of pure water weight. Luckily, we lost them but you could tell our bodies were holding onto it since they weren't getting as much as they needed.
- Step up workout regime - I been doing Physique 57 for 16 months now and I still love it. But, I think it's time to mix things up a bit to give my body a new challenge. I'm adding a little running (which I absolutely despise) into my schedule as well as some other fitness activities. I want fitness to become a lifestyle for our family and not just something on my to-do list everyday.
- Be in bed by 10:30 and everyone up by 7:00 - I'm a late night owl but I pay for it in the mornings. We all love to sleep in until the lastest possible moment. With kids in school I'm trying hard to be up, making a well rounded breakfast (not just cereal) and have the house picked up and few household chores done by the time the kids get on the bus. It feels good to get so much done so early, but again, I'm going more for a lifestyle change and not just a few good days here and there.
- Be better prepared spiritually. In every calling I've ever had in the church I am constantly reminded that if I am prepared spiritually, everything else falls into place. In Primary there have been times I put a lot of effort into my sharing time (props, object lessons, being creative, etc.) thinking it will grab the kids' attention and they will learn. However, the times I have felt the Spirit the strongest and have felt most successful in my calling were the times I used the theory "less is more" and just prepared myself spiritually and let the Spirit work through me. It isn't about me at all or what I did, the Spirit will touch those I teach when I invite the Spirit into the room through preparation and prayer.
Happy New Year!
3 comments:
Chad thinks that you should be a life coach :) he says you are inspiring...and I agree!
It's kinda fun to set goals for a new year! And, gosh, it feels good to cross things off a list!!!
فني تركيب ستائر غرب الرياض
فني تركيب ستائر وسط الرياض
فني تركيب ستلايت بالرياض
فني تركيب ستائر رول بالرياض
فني تركيب ستائر شرايح بالرياض
شركة تنظيف سيارات بالرياض
Post a Comment