I am not posting as often as I usually do, mostly because my days consists of the same routine tasks that are definitely not blog worthy. I feel like every second of my life as a "single mother" is consumed with taking care of business and my children. It doesn't leave for a whole lot of "me time" which normally I would be craving and dying for. Usually, at this point I would be close to having one of my meltdowns, you know the kind when you just need a few minutes of silence, even if you have to find it in the bathroom or your closet? Where my emotions get the best of me and I cry at the mere thought of doing one more load of laundry or making one more meal that will surely go unappreciated by my four year old. I have limits and my life right now is pushing me to the very edge of them. However, with each day I am continually amazed at how well I am handling things and I keep thinking tomorrow is going to be the day that it all comes crashing down, but then tomorrow comes and I get through the day just fine. Now, in NO way am I about to start patting myself on the back because I KNOW and will say without any hesitation that I am definitely getting help from my family and most importantly from my Heavenly Father. I truly feel blessed with more patience, strength and peace and this experience reminded me of something I heard last year.
Just before Scott started his first semester in the MBA program all the wives were invited to an opening social. The speaker that night talked to us about, "thriving, not just surviving" these next two years. I have thought a lot about that this last year, especially these last few weeks. I believe in each season of our life, no matter how hard or challenging it may be, there are lessons we need to learn and joy that can be found. If we will focus on finding the "silver lining" in every situation we will always walk away a better person.
My friend Marina posted something yesterday about the relationship between trials and joy and comparing them to a pendulum. In her words, "I know that my trials and blessings are in direct relationship to one another. Like a pendulum that swings, where the force of one object in one direction equals the exact same force of that object in the opposite direction, trials and blessings equal each other in polar sides of the spectrum. Meaning: the heavier the trial, the bigger the blessing". I am finding this to be so true...
This summer is a challenge for our family, but so far we are thriving and I have felt an increase in our moments of joy and have found MANY silver linings, one of them being...
I miss Scott like crazy. When he comes home for a few days I get school girl giddy to spend time with him. I feel like we are dating all over again and the sparks between us just keep getting bigger and better! This experience has taught both of us NEVER to take each other for granted.
3 comments:
Lesson learned. Does that mean I can come home now?
I'm so glad you're finding joy in the journey! "Men are that they might have joy," even amongst trials. You're doing great with what you've been given. Continue to press on...and this too shall pass...
You're amazing!!!
I think you are being prepared for the work your husband will do in your lives. At first it is challenging and then you get better at it. Right now it is for an internship and in the future he will probably be called to serve in a stewardship that requires him to dedicate lots of his evenings. I'm just thankful to see them when we do. :>
Post a Comment