
My next door neighbor's mother is "The Food Nanny" who has her own show on BYUTV. You can find a scheduling of her shows here.
I've been hearing about her for awhile now and have been lucky enough to sample some of her recipes when my friend is feeling generous and knocks on my door with the goods. Tonight we had a homemade pizza night with a few neighborhood families and the food was AMAZING! We enjoyed bread sticks, alfredo dipping sauce, supreme and vegetarian pizzas with homemade crust and sauce. Everything tasted so good and it was really easy to make.
I've had a chance to look through the book which is on sale right now through Amazon for $16. Basically, she has a two week system of planning out your dinner menu. Every night of the week has a different theme (comfort food, Mexican, Italian, Seafood, etc.) and her book is color coordinated and divided up by those themes. So when Monday night rolls around instead of wondering what you are going to make, you already know it is Comfort Food night, and you chose between the recipes in that section. She has a website in the works that will allow you to select your 14 meals for the two week period and it will print off a grocery list for you. How easy is that? Of course you can add in your own trusted recipes to fit within those themes, but sticking to the system makes dinner time a lot less complicated and overwhelming. Plus her system helps with budgeting for groceries, using up what you already have in your home and making dinner time an enjoyable family experience. You'll have to read her book to understand all of the benefits of her system or check out her Amazon reviews to see how others have liked it.
I just ordered my own copy of the book so I'll let you know...
2 comments:
that sounds awesome, I love to cook but sometimes get overwhelmed by it. I love the idea of having my grocery list printed off for me and also not wasting so much food! thanks for sharing
So, I bought her book after reading this and I just got it! I would actually cook almost all of the recipes, in most cookbooks it is hit and miss, but this one is great! I actually DVR'd her show yesterday too and I liked it too! It seems like an easy enough plan too follow. I can't wait for the new website and shopping lists to be up, that would make this plan even easier to follow. Thanks for the recommendation.
Post a Comment