Since we've been in school for the last two years and now we are "starting up" a company, we have learned to be very conservative in our spending. It's been a REALLY good experience for us, learning that we don't need most of the things we always thought we couldn't live without. The simple life has blessed our family in more ways than I can count and I am grateful for those lessons.
HOWEVER, I have a list, an actual list that is hidden in my desk drawer. It is a list of all the things I really want, but don't really need. You know, those splurges that I can't justify right now, but someday, hopefully soon.
Here's my list...
Lil' Lash
Physique 57
a ceramic curling iron
Toms shoes
new eye shadows and liners from MAC and Benefit Cosmetics
new iMac - mine is slowly crashing and it is so PAINFUL to work with
I just noticed most of my purchases seem girly and a bit shallow. Hmmm, maybe what I need is a good makeover.
What's on your list? What can you not live without?
7 comments:
now lil lash will be on my list! I have never heard of that stuff. So do you know if it really works?
I too love benefit makeup but it's just too darn expensive.
I don't think your purchases are shallow at all and you definitely do not need a makover.
I can't live without my highlights because my family will shun me if I'm not blonde.
Your list is VERY short compared to mine. I think I might be a little too demanding!
I use Latisse for my lashes and it is AMAZING!! It's expensive too though :(
First of all you are so cute and don't need a makeover :) Your list is totally reasonable, don't be hard on yourself. Everyone has a list and I have seen Chad's and he asks for a lot more expensive things than yours! But I love MAC makeup I have been a fan since I was first allowed to start wearing makeup.
Costco Watermelon. A must. :)
I have lists going on all the time, but mostly in my head. I also tear pages out of magazines with things I want. Your list is definitely not outrageous. Oh and let us know if that eyelash stuff actually works!
Save your pennies and get the Toms! My mother-in-law got me the grey pair for an early birthday present and they're the best!
Post a Comment