9/30/10

I didn't lie

We played outside today with our friends and then when we would normally come in for dinner, we played some more. I sat at my neighbor's kitchen counter and we enjoyed fresh, warm, chocolate chip cookies and a few good laughs. One of the best things about living here is my neighbors. I am lucky enough to have two incredibly kind, entertaining and talented women living on both sides of me who I spend hours with each week. These girls are real, the kind of real where I can and do say anything to them, even if I know it makes me look less than perfect. They've even seen me on occasion (alright many times) outside with no makeup on, sporting a fro and no bra and they still claim me as their friend. Yeah, that kind of real. They treat my children as if they are their own and their friendship has added more to my life than I can adequately describe in words.

Spending the afternoon with them was just what I needed to get out of my funk.

Plus, my wonderful husband made dinner tonight (and not the sandwiches I had planned), he cleaned up afterward and put the kids to bed.

Now, I am sitting on the couch watching the shows I look forward to all week, eating ice cream from the carton.

Chocolate chip cookies and ice cream. Yep, I didn't lie. I ate dessert after lunch and dinner. Magic marker isn't such a big deal anymore.

4 comments:

Jemmett Clan said...

I LOVE IT!!! How fun!!!!!

Kathryn e. said...

Good Girl!

Lemon Family said...

Good friends are the best- right up there with dessert twice (sometimes even 3) times a day.

Tiffany said...

COME LIVE BY ME!!!!!!!!