On the way to church he was rehearsing his line over and over again in the car. While listening to him, my eyes got a little glossy. He noticed and asked why I was sad, and I explained that I was actually really happy and proud of him. He told me he was going to do his parts so good and make me cry again. It worked. I got so emotional when I saw him signing the words to one of the primary songs. He was doing it with a huge smile on his face and you could tell he was quite pleased with his performance that day.
All that practicing (and bribing with McDonalds) paid off.
Abbie, on the other hand, was a bit of a handful at church. She always is. Luckily, my in-laws were in town and helped me get through sacrament meeting. They had to leave for Vegas after the first meeting so I was on my own during the second two. Abbie did great in nursery for months, and then all of a sudden she refuses to go and breaks down when we try to leave her. I spend most Sundays now singing "Book of Mormon Stories" and playing with puzzles.
It rained non-stop today, actually most of the weekend, so of course we used that as an excuse to make soup and rolls for dinner. Nothing better than a creamy soup to warm up a chilled body.
I've always struggled with potato soup. My mom makes an amazing one, but she doesn't use a recipe and I botch it every time. I tried this recipe today and it was AMAZING, I highly recommend it!
Potato Soup
Bake 3 large potatoes in foil at 350 degrees for 1 1/2 hours. Cool , peel and cut in cubes. (I actually peeled and cubed the potatoes and cooked them in the microwave until they were really soft. Much faster.)
Sauté 1/2 cup finely chopped onion in 2 TBSP. of butter.
In a large pan melt 1/2 cube butter, add 1/3 cup of flour. Mix, let cook until bubbly. Slowly add 3 cups milk. Use wire whisk and cook until looks smooth. Add faired onions and potatoes. Add 3 cubes chicken bouillon. Add 2 cups heavy cream (I used half and half) and 8 ounces velveeta cheese. Cook on low heat until cheese is melted. Salt and pepper to taste. Do not boil, let simmer on low heat.
Sauté 1/2 cup finely chopped onion in 2 TBSP. of butter.
In a large pan melt 1/2 cube butter, add 1/3 cup of flour. Mix, let cook until bubbly. Slowly add 3 cups milk. Use wire whisk and cook until looks smooth. Add faired onions and potatoes. Add 3 cubes chicken bouillon. Add 2 cups heavy cream (I used half and half) and 8 ounces velveeta cheese. Cook on low heat until cheese is melted. Salt and pepper to taste. Do not boil, let simmer on low heat.
1 comment:
Tara- That soup is so good!
Post a Comment