7/3/11

I love America

It started for me in the early 80's when Reagan came to Las Vegas while campaigning for office. My dad took our family to see him and we were lucky enough to get seats in the first row. I remember singing "I'm Proud To Be An American" and the crowd going wild while red, white and blue balloons fell from the ceiling after his speech. I remember feeling an emotion I'd never felt before stirring inside me. I was proud.

Those same feelings pushed me into studying politics in college and I still get emotional when I hear an inspiring political speech, sing our National Anthem or hear about our troops defending our liberties. I love this country and the principles it was founded on and I have hope that our county's future is bright. I love America.

Happy Independence Day!



(image courtesy of eighteen25)

No comments: