Summer is making me tired.
I opted to put Caden in summer school. Before you leave me a nasty comment about taking all his summer fun away, just know it is only three hours a day for eight weeks. He is getting all sorts of extra practice with reading and math before entering first grade and he is actually loving it so far. Plus, it gives him something productive to do for part of the day and it gives me a three hour break from hearing, "Mom, I'm bored. What can I do?"
Caden goes to school with a little friend in our ward and after class we eat lunch together and have play dates. Most days we play outside, ride bikes and eat way too many popsicles. Today, we went swimming for three hours. I thought for sure the kids would come home and crash. Nope. As soon as Caden was changed into dry clothes, he was at my heels asking to go do something else. Seriously?
I've been noticing the more I try to play with and do fun things with my kids, the more they expect and demand from me. My independent little boy who use to easily entertain himself isn't so content anymore. I'm tired. I'm not sure I am going to last all summer.
Any ideas how to keep the little ones entertained and productive and still find time for me and my stuff this summer?
2 comments:
Yeah send him and Abbie out with their Dad...works for me every time!
I'll have to watch and see what people post... I'm so not a good child entertainer
Post a Comment