4/25/09

New Beginnings...

I've neglected my blog lately but I have a good reason. Our lives, once again, have been turned upside down but at least this time it is only temporary.

Scott has been looking for an internship for that last few months and it was looking quite grim. Since Scott is emphasizing in finance and the financial world seems to be falling apart it has been hard to find good companies that are taking on interns for the summer. We had so many contacts and leads and nothing seemed to be working out. We were both trying not to freak out and have faith that the right opportunity will present itself and it finally did. Last week Scott had his second interview with a valuation firm in LA and after leaving he REALLY wanted to accept the offer. He loved the company, the project and what it would do for his resume and experience. An additional bonus is that the company is taking two interns and the other candidate happened to be one of Scott's best buddies in the program who he is excited to work with. I was a bit hesitant since we wouldn't all be able to move to CA with him. I was terrified of being a single parent for four months and not having the emotional and physical support of my husband. I was also freaking out about the housing situation for him. Everything we could afford was in the GHETTO (interns don't get paid the kind of money it takes to live in CA). However, things have started to fall into place and we are both feeling very comfortable and optimistic about our summer adventure. Once again, I have been reminded that our Heavenly Father knows who we are and provides for our needs, in his own time. Both Scott and I have been humbled throughout this experience and are grateful for the blessings in our lives.

I got to see Chelsea dance on Tuesday night and being at "Dancing with the Stars" was so fun. Caden was so excited to see Chelsea, but even more excited to talk to Ty. He asked Ty if he was a REAL cowboy who rode bulls. He then wanted to know if the bulls were scary or nice. He has been talking about the two of them for days afterwards. We are so proud of Chelsea! She looks amazing on TV, but even better dancing in person.

Caden with his Ty and Chelsea who he says are "best friends"

Could he squeeze her any tighter?

Yes, he is even better looking in person

Julie, Debbie, Kathey and I in the ballroom

Lil' Kim doing an interview


While we were in CA, we took the kids to Disneyland. No lines and perfect weather made for a great day. We wanted to stay in the sunny state a little longer, but Abbie picks the worst times to puke and she was up ALL night crying so we cut our vacation short and headed home. It's a shame too because some friends of ours had a beach house (I am talking right on the beach) that we were suppose to stay in and we didn't even get to enjoy it longer than one night. BUMMER!

Abbie loved being a big girl all by herself on the ride, until it started moving and she freaked out a bit.

Pirates of the Carribean...she did NOT like this ride and burried her head most of the time

Caden response to the question, "Are you having a good day"?


Abbie passed out by the end of the night


We discovered that Caden loves roller coasters and his favorite rides were Thunder Mountain, Matterhorn and Buzz Lightyear Astro Blasters.

It was a great trip, short, but great!

5 comments:

Tara said...

Fun trip! I have been thinking about you and hope all works out with the intership/housing/single parent.

If it is going to be rainy all week we should take the kids to Kangaroo zoo--and you can fill me in on all the things you have going on.

Candace said...

Congratulations to Scott. I'm sure that is scary, but it is nice you will be home in Vegas during that time.

I am a little jealous you got to go to Dancing with the Stars. I love that show. Caden looks so cute with Chelsea.

Tiffany said...

How fun!!! Abbie looks so big and Caden looks like a little man! I LOVE Disneyland so much!

Audrey Taylor said...

Wow, so Scott is going to spend the summer in LA and then come back to Utah for his permanent job? Or will you be looking at lots of different places?
You guys have so much fun. I think Ben and I need to do fun things more often.

Kristi Deter ( Lambert ) said...

Tara,
Was there a secret to the timing for no lines ? We are thinking about Disneyland, and would like to know so we don't have the annoying lines. Jeff has never been there.