The weekend was much too short and we were dreading having to say goodbye. It has only been a week with Scott in LA and it has been harder than we thought. I was teasing Scott that for Mother's Day I didn't want a card or gift, I just wanted him to tell me how he feels about me. Ever since we have been married I tease him that he is not the best at communicating his feelings and I am the polar opposite of that...I tend to say too much most times. As the kids and I were pulling out of the driveway, waving goodbye to Scott, my heart literally broke in half as I watched Scott start to cry. (He is going to kill me for posting this but since it is my journal I needed to document this occasion). I have only seen Scott cry a handful of times including our wedding day, when Caden was born, during a Joseph Smith movie, while bearing his testimony and one other time. He just doesn't cry! It was so hard to keep my composure, smile and tell him we would see him soon even though I was dying inside. But I did it because even though this is a hard experience for me, it is much harder for Scott. I have my kids to hug, kiss and cuddle when I am feeling lonely or sad and plenty of family around to keep me busy. I ask my Heavenly Father every night to bless and comfort Scott and to help the kids and I adjust. I know our family is being watched over.
As for my Mother's Day...I got all that I wanted and more! Scott never said the words, but they were written all over his face and those moments are priceless to me.
Here's a few pictures from our weekend...
Caden didn't care how cold the water was, he jumped right in.
Beach baby...
Caden thought this was so funny... I spent a long time digging that hole.
Isn't that the cutest bum shot you've ever seen?
Abbie was cranky this weekend (she is cutting teeth, we think). Scott said he didn't care because he just wanted to hold his baby girl. He was falling asleep as he put her to sleep.
12 comments:
this should have come with a warning... WARNING: do not read while listening to the michael buble song I attached to my blog or if you are currently hormonally imbalanced due to the time of month.
I was just picturing poor Scott all alone all week. :(
Jake is the same way. He is so emotional when it comes to his family. I LOVE it!
Okay, that just pulled at my heartstrings! (wiping away the tears) What an emotional roller coaster ride: sadness for the departure, gladness for the expression. Tara, you've got a great man!
LIES. LIES. SLANDER. LIES.
Okay, I cried.
How fun! That is the same beach house we stay at in Laguna and it is so wonderful. We love visiting there! I hope Scott's not too lonely.
Dang it Tara, now Im crying!
Crap ME TOO!!!!! I am so happy you had fun!!!! Dang I miss you!!!!!
I am certainly going to tease him! JK. You should tell him that he should hang out with his roommate more often. Even though I hear they work together, He is a good cuddler!!!
Chris
i think i may be hormonal because i was bawling reading your post. scotts a good man and should feel comforted knowing draven will be more then happy to occupy abbys time. seriously though. what a touching post. im glad you got what you wanted for mothers day. you deserve it!
Okay I can't stop crying(I think its the Bingham in us). Your kids are too cute!
Oh I am so jealous. The beach looks awesome. I am so craving the sun, warmth and water. Cute pics Abbie's little bum is way cute. I miss you guys so much. We need to get together this summer some how some where.
Post a Comment