7/28/09

Where I've been these days...

I'm slacking. I use to be so good at posting on a regular basis, but this summer is proving to be quite the challenge. I miss my blog. I miss having that daily outlet or retreat. I miss sitting in silence trying to put into words the thoughts, feelings and experiences floating around in my mind and heart. I miss sharing bits and pieces of myself with friends, family and people I have never met. I miss feeling like I have something to contribute. I lay in bed at night thinking of all the things I want to write about on my blog and then the next day comes and there's never enough uninterrupted time or energy to get it done. I am feeling lazy these days. I can't wait until the old me is back. (Does this sound like whining? Sorry. It's not meant to be. Just documenting where I am at in life right now so one day I will look back over this print and remember this time in my life and how I felt.)

Three more weeks is all I have left until my husband returns from his four month internship in LA. Granted, we have been able to see him on the weekends, but one full day each week is just not enough. I can't wait until there are no more tearful goodbyes, iChats for the kids, or late night phone calls after my duties for the day are over and I finally have time to talk to my husband. I can't wait to be able to fall asleep next to him EVERY night. It's been tough, rewarding, but tough. I have learned so much about myself. When this is all over and done with you can expect a nice, lengthy post about all the things I have learned through this experience, but not now. I'm tired (I think I've said that before, sorry).

I will tell you this though. I've had my share of meltdowns lately. Despite all the fluff I write on my good days, I am human and can get really grouchy.

On a happy note, here is one of the things that has kept me busy...


My lil' sister Cortney is getting married in September to an incredible guy named Jeff. I have been lucky enough to be involved in every little detail of her wedding. It's been fun and her reception is going to be gorgeous. Here's a peak at the rustic look she is going for...



pretty, huh?

We designed her wedding and bridal shower invitations. Here's a peak (the quality on here is not great, sorry)...

(This bridal shower design actually came from another site, with some changes...It's for personal use, that's legal, right?)


My brain is starting to shut down. I keep scrolling up to see what I have already written and where I was headed with this post. Oh well, maybe I should take that as my cue this was lame. I'll do better, promise.

9 comments:

Unknown said...

They look so good together. Wow the reception is going to be gorgeous. I can't wait!

Kathryn e. said...

I am so excited for them! I cannot wait to help my mom and Sue with the flowers...it is going to be fun and beautiful!

Liz Maxfield said...

LOVE IT! The invites look fabulous! I'm sure the wedding and everything else will be too! Great job!

Tiffany said...

DANG!!! It's going to be amazing and so BEAUTIFUL!!! I feel the same way about blogging too!

Mandy said...

hang in there...i finally got my husband back tonight...its only been about 5 years! :) oh but dont worry, we can still have our venting sessions...

McLeod Clan said...

I loved the post Tara. I can't even imagine having my husband gone from me for that long. You are a tough woman but it's amazing what we can do for a good cause sometimes. I also think this reception looks breathtaking. So beautiful!

Bethany said...

cortney is lucky to have your help!! what a beautiful wedding!

Liz Maxfield said...

I like the new blog. How do I add a button or ad for your etsy shop to my blog?

Lila said...

Cute new look. I like the invites. I am sorry about your rough summer. And I wish I blogged as much as you do. I keep falling behind and coming back for a few days and then getting off track for several weeks. Since I had this last baby I can't get it together period. One day a a time right?