I was able to spend an hour in Caden's classroom today helping with a reading center. He gets so excited when I volunteer and he makes sure everyone knows I am his mom. I know he probably won't be so anxious to claim me once he gets older and it is not cool anymore to have your mom at school with you, but for now I am soaking it up.
Caden and I also went on a little lunch date to find him a coat and some silly bands. I love spending one on one time with my kids. It's usually a little less hectic and I can focus on each of them in a way that doesn't happen when they are both fighting for my attention. I broke down and let him eat McDonalds again (I was hoping he would pick another place but I should have known better). Between the silly bands and McDonalds, I was his hero for today.
I finally found the missing pieces to Abbie's costume and we had a dress rehearsal today for Halloween. She's darling and Caden loves his costume too!
Our evening was a lot more calm than the rest of the week has been. Bath and bed time weren't filled with whining and protesting which is always nice. I think both the kids are exhausted after a long week and welcomed the rest. It's a good thing too, because starting tomorrow I have a feeling it is going to be non-stop Halloween celebrating for two days straight.
Can't wait.
1 comment:
Silly bands in Kindergarten? I didn't know the little kids were into them too. My YW love them! Which ones did he get? Make sure to post Halloween pictures!
Post a Comment